Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Boone

Minnesota, that's where Bret Boone will finish this season. He said it was his first choice to go to the Twins. The Mariners made the deal at the last minute and sent Boone along with cash to the Twins for a player to be named later. From the little bit of research I did, I have found out that the Mariners will probably get a minor league player after the seasons end. And get this, the Mariners pay Boone the remainder of his salary, and then the Twins pay him a pro-rated M.L. min amount, which is about $175,000. Win win for the Twins apparently. I wish him the best and hope he goes deep into the playoffs this post season.

As far as the rest of the Mariners (the ones that are still on the team) it's the last day of vacation for our boys. Getting back to work tomorrow against the Orioles. Palmerio is only a few hits away from his 5000th career, and he absolutly slaughters the Mariners pitching everytime he faces us. A good chance that many Seattle fans will see history this weekend!

Ichiro got a RBI single in the All Star game yesterday. As I wasn't really watching all that closely, I can't really tell ya much more than the American League won 7-5 and will have home field advantage in the World Series.

That's all for today, hope to have some good news from this weekend series from Safeco.

Anne

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 20, 2005, Blogger Valorie said...

Farewell and best wishes to Boonie.

:(

We'll miss ya.

Valorie

 
At Thursday, July 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sad I'm gonna CRY!!!!!

Anne did you ever get a picture of his ass for me?

Oh I hope you did

it was so.... nice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home